Privileges of Membership
- Will be eligible to apply for grant funding from PHDR.
- Will have opportunities to receive pre-submission peer review of grant manuscripts.
- Will be invited to "members only" meetings with national scholars in the Distinguished Visiting Scholar Series in Health Disparities.
- Will have opportunities to present research findings.
- Qualified trainees will be eligible to apply for travel scholarships.
- Will have opportunities to get “sneak peeks” of upcoming funding opportunities.
- Will have opportunities to participate in community volunteer events.
- Will be invited to attend monthly program meetings and receive updates and announcements.
- Will have opportunities to learn about community based participatory research/community-engaged research.
- Will have opportunities to network with academic & community experts dedicated to health disparities research.
- Opportunity to contribute to the program newsletter.
Responsibilities of Membership
- Apply for membership and maintain an active status by attending periodic meetings, conferences and seminars organized by the Program.
- Acknowledge Program affiliation when appropriate in health disparities-related publications and presentations.
- Provide updates on research projects being done by members' organization and publications in the area of health disparities.
Criteria for Membership
Member categories include:
- Community members: Anyone with an interest in health disparities.
- Faculty: Holds a faculty appointment at the University of Minnesota and has an interest in health disparities.
- Trainees: Holds a training position with an interest in health disparities.
- University non-faculty and staff: Professional or Civil Service staff with an interest in health disparities.
Review for Continued Membership
- Membership is generally maintained unless there is a major change in career or research activities or appointment with the University of Minnesota has terminated. Membership status for students and trainees will be revisited biennially to ensure a membership criterion is met and to also update the information on file.